If you’re looking for a tutorial to help & show you how to draw realistic dog fur, I have created this lesson just for you. The Show Cocker Spaniel dogs in this double portrait have both short and medium length hair, and because there are 2 dogs in this portrait, that means that I’ll explain to you how to draw a realistic dog twice.
This Patreon lesson will follow one of my commissioned portrait artworks. The commissioner of this double portrait has given me permission to create this tutorial and for my students on Patreon to view and use the reference photo for the purpose of this tutorial. As well as following the reference photo on the screen, I have also attached it to this post for you to download if you wish to do so.
- 3.5 hour voiced over video tutorial
- 10 hours of real-time process footage
- Access to a reference photo
- The complete list of materials used including each pencil & pastel stick product numbers.
- Extensive explanation throughout
What can I expect to learn?
- How to use soft pastels & sponges to create a smooth gradient background
- Skills that transcend to any soft pastel dog portrait you wish to create
- How to choose the correct colours & tones
- Each colour chosen, the particular product number & my reasons for using it
- How to work in layers to achieve a realistic & dynamic outcome
I really made sure to put a lot of effort into this lesson & I have included as much useful information as I could think of. So, if you’re looking to become skilled at drawing dogs with soft pastels, look no further!
Once subscribed to my Patreon channel, you will gain access to tutorial as well as ALL my past & future lessons in the specific tier | Subscriptions are monthly & you can cancel anytime